- San Diego, California
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- New York, New York
- Paris, France
- London, England
- Bali, Indonesia
- Tokyo, Japan
San Diego, California
- Best For: Beaches, museums, relaxation
- How to Get There: Catch a flight to San Diego International Airport or embark on a road trip within the contiguous states
- Weather Forecast: Warm and sunny year-round (beware of July-September heat waves)
- Average Cost for a 7-day Trip: $1,200 per person
- Top 3 Places to See: Balboa Park, Plentiful Beaches, Gaslamp Quarter
- View hotels in San Diego on ZenHotels
Looking for a trip with sunshine, gorgeous beaches, and incredible museums? Sunny San Diego is the girls’ getaway destination for your group! San Diego is often passed up in favor of the more crowded and more popular Los Angeles to the north, but with great beaches, food, and entertainment, San Diego makes for a beautiful and relaxing girls’ trip location.
With a diverse population and plenty of authentic Mexican food, San Diego provides an on-the-border experience with a pleasant mix of Mexican-American flair. The culture is seen through the food options, architecture, and activities within San Diego.
The highlights of a San Diego girls’ trip include Balboa Park, which contains 18 world-class museums and botanical gardens, and Mission Beach, the popular tourist beach complete with a boardwalk. Shopping is also plentiful, with mega-malls like Fashion Valley Mall and the historical Seaport Village.
You can expect the weather to be sunny while you are staying, regardless of the time of year. On average, San Diego sees a maximum of three rainy days per month. Be aware that the further away from the beaches you go, the hotter the city becomes.
Las Vegas, Nevada
- Best For: Parties, shopping, food tourism
- How to Get There: Fly into Harry Reid International Airport or brave a road trip within the contiguous United States
- Weather Forecast: Almost always sunny, with excessive heat in the summer
- Average Cost for a 7-day Trip: $1,500 per person
- Top 3 Places to See: The Las Vegas Strip, Red Rocks National Conservation Area, Bellagio Fountains
- View hotels in Las Vegas on ZenHotels
A girls’ getaway list is not complete without a Vegas mention. The quintessential party capital of the United States should be high on your list as a place for a girls’ trip with plenty of opportunities for food, shopping, gambling, and even a fair bit of partying.
Vegas is well-loved for girls’ trips for several reasons, but the most interesting is the quality of the hotels on the Las Vegas Strip, which is right in the middle of all of the action in Vegas. From hotels with celebrity chef restaurants within them to hotels with entire amusement parks within them, Vegas has no shortage of entertainment and surprises.
But Las Vegas isn’t all high-energy activities. You can even get away from all of the casino action and visit a beautiful scenic drive and hike at Red Rocks National Conservation Area.
Many people think of Las Vegas as hot, hot, HOT, but those people forget that Las Vegas is located in a desert! Expect extremely hot temperatures from April to October, but relatively cool temps from November to March. Your chance of rain is also very low in Las Vegas, with an average of 0-2 rainy days per month.
New York, New York
- Best For: Entertainment, museums, food tourism
- How to Get There: Take a flight to John F. Kennedy International Airport or LaGuardia Airport, or drive within the United States
- Weather Forecast: Experience all four seasons! Warm in the summer, cool in the winter
- Average Cost for a 7-day Trip: $2,000 per person
- Top 3 Places to See: Central Park, Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty
- View hotels in New York on ZenHotels
New York, New York! There is plenty to see and do while having fun with your closest female companions. Entertainment, food, and plenty of city is located within the Big Apple. There are so many options for arranging your girls’ trip itinerary. You can view classic American landmarks, such as Central Park, the Statue of Liberty, and the Empire State Building, or take the entertainment route and view a Broadway show or two!
There are also plentiful museums available to visit, such as the world-class art collection of The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Trendy neighborhoods should also top your list of places to visit in New York City, as there are numerous subcultures to view and experience.
New York is known for its elevated fashion scene, making the city a great place to wear some of your best outfits and take plenty of pictures of you and your companions enjoying this great American city.
If you are traveling to New York in the winter, you might encounter some snow and extreme winter weather. Be aware that New York is known for having hot summers, and be sure to check the forecast close to your trip to pack appropriately.
- Best For: Food tourism, museums, shopping
- How to Get There: By train or by flight through Charles de Gaulle airport
- Weather Forecast: Moderate temperatures year-round
- Average Cost for a 7-day Trip: $1,200 per person
- Top 3 Places to See: Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, Champs-Elysees
- View hotels in Paris on ZenHotels
People often say that Paris is the most romantic city in the world, so what better place to show off your love for your girls than to visit Paris, France? For a trip full of delicious food and plenty of opportunities to show off your fashion sense, a girls’ trip to Paris is a no-brainer. Instagram-worthy cafes are plentiful, as are options to view historic architecture.
Visit the Louvre Museum and then have a picnic at the iconic Eiffel Tower, all with your closest girls. Paris is an incredible city with picture-perfect neighborhoods and outstanding French cuisine. You can also consider sneaking in an excursion to the French countryside as part of a week-long trip to France to get breaths of fresh air and more gorgeous views or go to Disneyland Paris.
The weather in Paris is on the mild side, despite the country of France experiencing all four seasons. Plan on packing for cool and warm days, as the temperature can vary enough to warrant a coat or stick to short sleeves. You should also be prepared for rain on a trip to Paris, with an average of 9 rainy days per month!
- Best For: Shopping, museums, relaxation
- How to Get There: Fly into Heathrow Airport or London’s Gatwick Airport
- Weather Forecast: Mostly cool, cloudy days
- Average Cost for a 7-day Trip: $2,000 per person
- Top 3 Places to See: Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Tower of London
- View hotels in London on ZenHotels
London is a city with rich history, which allows for plenty of entertainment destinations. For a group of girls who want to visit historical landmarks and learn while they travel, London is a great destination for a girls’ trip.
There are plentiful museums, such as The British Museum, Natural History Museum, Tate Modern Art Museum, and more to choose from. You can also see a show at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, a replica of the theatre where Shakespeare’s plays were originally performed in London. And, if Shakespeare isn’t your style, catch a show on London’s West End, the English version of Broadway.
View landmarks such as Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, and London’s numerous iconic skyscrapers. London is also known for its plentiful shopping opportunities, such as Oxford Street, and many markets throughout the city.
Prepare for rainy London days! London experiences an average of 9-12 rainy days per month, so definitely seek out an umbrella for your trip. Most months in London are fairly mild, with July and August having the most potential for hot weather.
- Best For: Beaches, relaxation, adventure
- How to Get There: Catch a flight to Ngurah Rai International Airport
- Weather Forecast: Tropical with a lot of heat and rain
- Average Cost for a 7-day Trip: $1,725 per person
- Top 3 Places to See: Banyumala Twin Waterfall, Ubud Monkey Forest, Pura Ulun Danu Bratan
- View hotels in Bali on ZenHotels
A trip to Bali ticks all the boxes for the perfect destination for a girls’ trip. With a city full of action and beaches that scream luxury, you can have the best of both worlds in Bali, Indonesia. Tropical refreshments and the warm kiss of the sun on your skin will rejuvenate you and your group of girls.
Visiting high-class spas can be done at affordable pricing after a long day of exploring Indonesia’s elegant natural beauty. Some of the highlights include the Ubud Monkey Forest, which is a refuge for adorable monkeys with whom you can interact. Also, gorgeous waterfalls are plentiful.
Your trip to Bali with the girls will feel like stepping into a movie, and the fun is seemingly unlimited. A trip to Indonesia can be packed with adventurous treks through rainforests, a stay at a quiet, peaceful resort, or a bit of both!
Depending on when you visit Bali, you could be staying in the wet season, which is very humid and rainy, with an average of 19 rainy days per month during this season. On the other hand, the dry season can see extremely hot temperatures. Most tourists recommend the “mid-season,” which ranges from May to September.
- Best For: Food tourism, shopping, parties
- How to Get There: Fly into Tokyo International Airport, Haneda, or Tokyo Narita International Airport
- Weather Forecast: Mild weather, mostly with lots of heat and rain in summer
- Average Cost for a 7-day Trip: $1,800 per person
- Top 3 Places to See: Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, Sensō-ji Temple, Ginza District
- View hotels in Tokyo on ZenHotels
Tokyo has gorgeous views, incredible architecture, and a wild party scene! With many distinct neighborhoods throughout the city, you and your friends will have an amazing time experiencing the differences in culture from district to district.
The best part about a trip to Tokyo is that you can completely tailor a visit depending on your group’s interest. Visit Harajuku for unique fashion, Roppongi for an active nightlife, Asakusa for traditional culture, and Ginza for high fashion and plentiful shopping opportunities. Each of these neighborhoods provides many unique experiences and subcultures within them.
With photo booth opportunities, fun gadgets, and interesting technology, Tokyo has a seemingly unlimited number of activities! Enjoying Japanese cuisine will be something you won’t be able to miss about your trip to Tokyo. From ramen to experimental themed food, there is plenty to try and experience!
Like many other destinations on this list, Tokyo experiences a mostly mild climate. However, unlike the other locations we’ve mentioned, Tokyo’s warm summers are also the rainy period with an average of 10-11 days of rain.